NuTech is built on customer service. These individuals are the face of our company providing external and internal support across all domains.
The customer relations team’s local presence in our major markets provides the personal touch that we believe remains critical even in today’s digital world. They are the primary conduits of information to improve our market leading products and to keep our customers abreast of the very latest trends in the industry.
President, Chief Executive Officer
Steven Roth joined NuTech in 2000. Prior to his appointment as CEO, Mr. Roth served as Chief Marketing Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, International Business Development Manager, and as a Senior Account Manager with NuTech.
Mr. Roth graduated from the University of Wisconsin in 1986 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Geology, and later earned his Master of Science degree in Geology from Kansas State University. With more than 36 years of experience in the oil and gas industry, he has also worked as:
- Senior Development Geologist for Stocker Resources, Inc. where duties included developing a 3D reservoir model, identifying new drill well locations for the drilling program, assisting in designing the drilling program for new drill wells. Played a key role in constructing and implementing a petrophysical model for the Inglewood Field, which revolutionized the completion process.
- Senior Exploration Geologist with ARCO International Oil and Gas responsible for geologic duties pertaining to two lease blocks, offshore Gabon, West Africa, which included drilling a $15 Million oil discovery, basin analysis, and prospect generation. Conducted presentations to ARCO management, foreign partners, and Gabonese government officials. Responsible for all phases of geological exploration in onshore and offshore basins throughout world. Beyond West Africa, duties also included regional basin analysis, prospect generation, core description, source rock maturation modeling, interpreting 2D seismic data, and wellsite evaluation. Participated in bid-rounds, data rooms, and farm-out presentations. Involved with projects in Syria, Australia, New Zealand, Myanmar, Vietnam, China, and Russia. Conducted presentations to ARCO management, foreign partners, and government officials.
- Development Geologist with THUMS Long Beach Co. (ARCO) responsible for geologic duties pertaining to the Long Beach Unit, offshore Wilmington Field, which included assisting with the interpretation of a 3D seismic data set. As part of a Reservoir Management Team, duties included working with the reservoir engineers to identify new drilling locations and completion intervals, detailed reservoir volumetric studies, seismic interpretation, and prospect assessment.
Mr. Roth is also a member of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG), and the Society of Independent Professional Earth Scientists (SIPES).
Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
Mr. Hunter graduated from the University of Texas in 1969 and received a Master of Science in Accountancy from the University of Houston in 1977. Mr. Hunter is a Certified Public Accountant licensed in Texas since 1978. Mr. Hunter’s 45 years of business experience has included:
- Financial management (equity raise, debt placement and ratings, accounting and due diligence) of various energy related entities during development, construction and operating phases
- Chief accounting and information systems officer of energy related business from start-up through public offering and eventual sale to another public entity
- Managed CPA and consulting practices whose primary emphasis was on financial management and modeling, information systems development and accounting services for oil and gas, specialty manufacturing, technology and other energy related entities
- Audit Manager for Price Waterhouse
Guy is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants and serves on the Board of Directors of SIRE, a non-profit organization that provides therapeutic horseback riding for people with disabilities.
Vice President, Business Development
Galen Dillewyn joined NuTech in 2009. Currently, he serves as Vice President, Business Development for the Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Corpus Christi, and Louisiana markets. Mr. Dillewyn graduated from Texas Tech University in 2000 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering. His 23 years of industry experience has included:
- Growing and developing NUTECH’s client base as a technical liaison between the end user and the technical group.
- 9 years with Schlumberger, working as a field engineer, operations manager, and in house technical support for several super majors.
Mr. Dillewyn’s affiliations include Houston Geological Society, SPE, and SPWLA.
Director, Human Resources
Damon Lampis joined NuTech in 2008. Mr. Lampis was named Director, Global Human Resources in April 2012 and is responsible for developing HR processes and policies, compliance, employee relations, performance management, recruiting, training, benefits, compensation, and 401(k) administration. In addition, he is responsible for all internal and external communications,
Manager, Financial Accounting
Elissa Vogelpohl joined NuTech in 2006 as a Financial Assistant, and is now a Financial Accountant. She is responsible for overseeing day to day accounting functions at NuTech, including producing the monthly Financial Statements. Ms. Vogelpohl graduated from Texas A&M University with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance in 2002.
Her accomplishments at NuTech over the last 17 years include:
- Assisting in financial reporting on a consolidated basis as the company has expanded into multiple countries
- Management of both Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions for the company
- Providing support during Annual Audit process
- Supervising the month-end close process
- Working closely with the Executive Team tracking monthly sales, accounts receivable collections, cash management, etc.
Kate La Fleur
Area Account Manager
Kate La Fleur joined NuTech in 2023 as an Area Account Manager based in Midland, TX. Ms. La Fleur graduated from Texas A&M University with a Bachelor’s of Science in Geology and brings a successful record of achievement from her previous roles in upstream exploration, most recently as a Field Specialist IV -LWD with Baker Hughes in West Texas and New Mexico.